Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) Research, Education and Travel Grants
The National Institute of Academic Anaesthesia has several small grants funded by the Royal College of Anaesthetists for the purpose of supporting research, education or travel connected with the study of anaesthesia. Priority will be given to educational projects, the presentation of original work or the provision of education to developing countries.
Please note that the assessment process can take up to three months from the deadline. Applications should be submitted for travel or projects that will be taking place from December onwards and unfortunately retrospective applications cannot be considered.
Details of the awards available in 2016 can be found below.
Ernest Leach Research Fund
This fund was established in June 2011 to be utilised for the purposes of research.
Value up to £2,500
For education and research purposes.
Value up to £2,500
To fund grants for educational purposes.
Value up to £600
- All Fellows in good standing, and registered trainees, are eligible to apply for the above grants.
- The NIAA regrets that applications for funding towards registration for higher degrees or college course fees will not be considered.
- The project description (or an extract) from successful applications will be uploaded to the NIAA website.
- Click here to view the assessment criteria for small grants.
- Download an application form below.
- Please submit your completed application form along with a copy of your CV as a single pdf file, using the upload box below.
- A signed hard copy should also be sent before the deadline to: Ms Pamela Hines, NIAA Coordinator, Royal College of Anaesthetists, Churchill House, 35 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4SG.
The deadline for all applications is 5.00 pm on Friday, 2 September 2016
Submit Your Application Here
Upload Request Form
To upload a file you must first confirm your name and email address by filling in and submitting the form below.
If you have entered a valid email address you will receive an email containing a link. This link will allow you to access the upload page where you will be able to submit your document in either PDF (.pdf), Word (.doc / .docx) or a group of files in ZIP (.zip) format.
Full instructions will be included in the email. If you don't receive an email then please re-send this form carefully checking that you have typed your email address correctly.
Please report any problems with file upload via the contact page.